Urgent Requirement 1 August start
Sustainability Manager who will engage to discover, develop and deliver sustainability opportunities within the built environment at large scale facilities for existing long term contracts. You will work within ‘Beyond Green’, a business unit focused on delivering demonstrable energy, water and waste savings to the majority of Qatar’s major sporting venues
Department: Sustainability Business Unit - SC2022
Reporting to: Deputy Director of Business Solutions initially then the SC2022 Project Director
- Discover potential sustainability (predominantly energy) opportunities through audits, review of building data and knowledge of industry capability. 20% per month
- Develop solutions to reduce energy consumption using knowledge of emerging technologies and known characteristics of facilities under management. 25% per month
- Liaise with external providers to enable them to provide detailed proposals. 5% per month
- Assess opportunities and quantify costs, benefits and risks. Prepare concise business cases that account for and compliment key client considerations. 15% per month
- Manage procurement and delivery of approved projects by working with technicians. Provide adequate handover for projects to be managed by other teams. 20% per month
- Chair internal working groups to drive sustainability improvements in delivery of FM services. 5% per month
- Report on energy use trends across managed facilities. 10% per month.
- Attain & maintain ratings in systems such as GSAS & LEED on behalf of clients. As Required.
- Serve as a member of small “Center of Excellence” teams promoting energy, water and waste management best practices. As required.
- Assist technical teams in evaluation of product alternatives and process development alternatives. As required.
- Support businesses’ need to respond to customer and other stakeholder audits as necessary. As required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. As required.
- Monitor industry best practices in resource efficiency and identify where efficiencies can be improved at our sites
- Work with internal stakeholders to capture and deliver sustainability opportunities. As required.
- Provide a point of contact for technicians with sustainability related queries. As required.
Skills & Qualification:
You will have a technical university degree with 5 years of relevant industry experience. Ideal candidates will have a background in building services, specifically Electrical & Mechanical. Experience with rating systems such as GSAS, LEED, Green Star or Bream is a pre-requisite. Applicants with extensive industry experience in lieu of a relevant degree will be considered.
You will also have a broad selection of the following skills:
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Preparing succinct business cases
- Procurement & Project Management
- One of GSAS, LEED, BREAM, Green Star
Good communication is essential; you will be working with people who speak English as a second language. Additionally, you will be:
- Well organized and independently motivated
Salary - All in QAR40,000 plus Flight Allowance, Medical Insurance and Life Insurance
Please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org