We have an urgent vacancy to fill for a Gas & Plant Mechanical Engineering specialist -
**Salary circa QAR14,000 with free single executive compound villa accommodation, medical & life insurance, flight allowance, generous leave allowance, free transport to/from work**
We are looking for an experienced Gas Engineering specialist with at least 10 years’ experience,(minimum 3 years in the GCC) in managing operations, maintenance, estimations (Gas Loads for residential, Commercial Buildings), O&M resources estimation i.e. manpower, facilities , equipment & tools requirements etc. and compliance management for large Scale Gas (LPG/ CNG/LNG/SNG) Plants including SCADA control room and buried gas distribution pipeline networks.
This is an important role delivering all Gas related Operations Management for a very prestigious project in Qatar, including contract management, performance management, development of relevant documentation and checklists, design guidance, Authority requirements management etc.
Immediate start - NOC required if transferring jobs within Qatar
Department: Operations and Maintenance
Reporting to: Senior Operations Manager - Operations and Maintenance
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical discipline
- Minimum 10 years' experience in mechanical maintenance of large projects with a high concentration in facilities management experience
- Previous experience in projects with centralized chilled water & air conditioning system, shall be preferred
- Approval of Engineer's Accrediting and Classifying Committee (Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning)
- Able to coordinate and monitor all disciplines of mechanical work related to all FM Contracts.
- This includes both management of the site supervision team as well as the Service Providers, Sub Service Providers, and other appropriate specialties
- Able to control Service Providers, Sub Service Providers in conformance with contract documents, drawings, and specifications. This includes working knowledge with local and international specifications that may relate to the projects
- Able to monitor progress of Works and carry out updating, planning and preparing progress reports as required by the Clients
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performing Mechanical operation design review
- The Mechanical Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices
- Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Responsible to ensure the correct implementation of the project quality plan and quality procedures and productivity related to all Mechanical works
- Reviews and/or prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other mechanical
- documents as necessary
- Assist in preparing RFPS for service providers regarding all mechanical matters o Responsible to review & updating as-built drawings of all mechanical related matters such as district cooling system, irrigation system, chilled water, water features etc
- Works with the Service providers to define workable mechanical engineering solutions as required for the maintenance o Reviews method statements for maintenance and provides comments related to mechanical engineering o Conducts periodic inspections to determine if mechanical works have been done in accordance with contract specifications o Prepares periodic special reports summarize mechanical engineering-related issues related to maintenance mechanical activities for review and approval
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the mechanical maintenance activities