The Oryx Rotana at City Center, Doha saw large crowds of people from across Qatar gather to celebrate achievements in sustainability across all facets of life and development in Qatar.
Now in its second year and with categories as diverse as green research, buildings, corporates, building contractors and government the event covered a broad reach of sustainability topics.
Two categories were close to our hearts at Mosanada as one of our customers, the Ministry of Culture and Sports (MoCS) had been nominated for the 'Government Sustainability Initiative'. Mosanada had also been nominated as a finalist for the 'Green Service Provider - FM'.
The first taste of success was when MoCS won their category. Shortly after we were proud to be named as the winner of the Facilities Management Category.
We are immensely encouraged by the recognition from the industry for our win and offer out heartfelt congratulations to the the Ministry of Culture and Sports for their win.
Key points of the submission from Mosanada included
- 80% of our projects have and active sustainability focus with regular sustainability outputs
- Reporting regimes have been developed for each of our customers requirements
- Undergraduate and graduate programs with sustainability components
- School program with Aspire Academy
- Active participation in industry events promoting sustainability concepts and sharing knowledge
- Trials of new technology and green products
- Internal policies and management plans
- Measures to reduce environmental impact for customers and own operations
- Embracing the digital transformation and its role ion improving environmental performance.